Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is this sharp headache in my eyes and/or head, lasting only 4 -5 seconds?

This has been happening for as long as 2 years now. I haven't thought much on it because I thought it was stress related, but now I wonder. I can sit around doing nothting, then BAM! it stikes. I feel a real sharp pain in my eyes and or head. Most of the time is blurrs my vision and the most painful ones cause me to stagger and lean over.



They normaly have a duration of 3-5 seconds and are gone as quickly as they came. They appear very randomly and have occured as long as 2 months inbetween each, and as short as 1day apart. Never more than once on that day.



I dont get nausious, I dont feel like im going to pass out. Its just an outright Pain that feels like pressure trying to escape through my eye sockets.



any ideas?



What is this sharp headache in my eyes and/or head, lasting only 4 -5 seconds?sunshine



Too much caffeine, and stress and tension releasing themselves, or severe eye strain releasing itself. This is what happened to me when I worked in front of a computer all day, answering phones, and being overloaded with work. I would stand up or relax for a second, or be at home and relax and it happened just as you said.



it could also be petit seizures. Get thee to a doctor.



What is this sharp headache in my eyes and/or head, lasting only 4 -5 seconds?star theater opera theater



That sounds exactly like a cluster headache, its a kind of migraine. Cutting out caffeine, chocolate and cheese can help. They often occur when there is a change in temperature like Winter to Spring, also stress or exhaustion can bring them on.



You can treat it medically with migraine medicine and also some blood pressure tablets help. But my advice would be to see an osteopath as these things are often structural in their origins.



I used to have terrible migraines but was totally cured by an osteopath, my fiance used to have cluster headaches but (again) the osteopath saved him.



I know how horrible they are and my sympathies are with you.



xxx
Why not take a trip to your opticians?
I'm not sure what it is i also had them just like that. By the time you say crap that hurts its gone. I never did get it diagnosed but they just stopped doing it after a while. I also had them for a long time then poof gone - sorry i couldn't help but at least you know someone else had the problem
it sounds like an eye or retina problem. if it is associated with blurred vision or if you experience seeing dark spots or flashes of light see an eye doctor. this could mean that you may have a retina problem.
It might be your eyes. I suggest getting a eye test done.
get to an eye doctor fast. May be glaucoma. My mother ts blind from it . i also have it and use eye drops
ask ya doctor not us muppets

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++