Thursday, December 10, 2009

I've had a headache with neck pain for the past 11 days.?

I've been to the doctor. She put me on three days of Immutrex. Still no relief. They took blood and couldn't find anything wrong. I'm scheduled for a CAT scan in a few days, but I'm looking for anyone that's been through something similar. The pain is focused on the right side of my head and neck. It's rather constant and ranges between a 3 and a 7. I've never had anything like this before.



I've had a headache with neck pain for the past 11 days.?classical music



With the consent of your Dr. go to a qualified massage therapist.



The pains may be caused by muscles or soft tissues. Trigger points in the muscles of the head, neck and face can refer pain into other areas and even mimic the symptoms of other conditions.



If other conditions exist, trigger points can still be a contributing factor to your pain.



Poor sleeping positions or sustained postures can also cause these issues. The massage therapist can help identify possible perpetuating factors and suggest ways to change.



Some common irritants can be poorly positioned computer monitors, using laptops, holding the phone with your shoulder, etc.



Good luck.



PS- she's right about the RDA for H2O. The amount needed is actually increased based on other factors like exercise, environment and diet. Things like caffeine and sugar require more water intake as so does exercise or living in an arid climate.



The best identifier of dehydration is thirst. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. Thirst is also usually confused for hunger. Most over eaters aren't actually hungry but thirsty.



I've had a headache with neck pain for the past 11 days.?ms stress opera theater



Sounds like what I went through: it turned out to be two herniated discs in my neck.
I recommend a chiropractor. Drugs mask pain. Chiropractors *treat* pain.
I recently went through the same thing,for 16 days straight.It turned out to be dehydration. I was drinking carbonated water instead of old fashioned water and the carbon dehydrates you. I started monitoring my water intake and took some magnesium and got rid of it in 2 days.Your brain is 85% water and if you get even mildly dehydrated, headaches are the first sign. I didn't know any of this until this happened to me. I hope this will help. You need 1 oz of water for every 2 lbs of body weight per day,by the way!
my answer---see a chiropractor. they work wonders. i use to get headaches all the time really bad ones. i've taken all sort of different pain killer for it. what i found works the best is going to see my chiropractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++